Women who buy Abortion Pills need to be aware of the things that may happen after the use of pills.
When a woman does have an unplanned pregnancy and she visits the clinic, she is being provided with the three options:
- Medical abortion (for up to 9 weeks)
- Surgical abortion with dilation (for up to 21 weeks)
- Surgical abortion with vacuum aspiration (for up to 21 weeks)
Based on the gestation period, budget and health conditions of the women the method to terminate the pregnancy can be chosen. Most of the women do prefer to have medical abortion and women do not need to visit the clinic as it is the most affordable method and allows women to terminate the pregnancy in privacy.
Due to medical abortion, the woman may experience the below-given changes in the body due to the use of Abortion Pills
- Mild fever
- Dizziness and drowsiness
How to take care of yourself during and after an abortion?
- Due to the use of MTP kit, it is common that women may feel unwell. When women are on the abortion process they are asked that they do follow all the instructions which are being provided by the healthcare provider. Also, women are asked that they do stay away from the physical exertion as your body may require time to recover.
- Since due to the MTP kit pills women do bleed and the energy gets drowned hence women are asked that they do drink plenty of water or fluids which can help to keep the body energetic. Speaking of diet women is asked that they do avoid the food which contains fats or calories.
- After the administration of the Misoprostol pill from the MTP kit the uterus contracts and bleeding starts. Although tampons are mostly known in women, during a medical abortion, women are asked that they do avoid the use of tampons and menstrual cups. The use of tampons may expose the cervix and vaginal area to infection.
- To avoid the side effects of diarrhea after the use of pills women is asked to consume easy and digestible food.
Based on health conditions, the gestation period, the reaction of the meds towards the body and the healing time required by the body are different for every woman. The cramps do last for a few hours and bleeding takes the time of a week after the pregnancy parts are being dispelled.
Women who make the use of the online MTP kit need to ensure that they do visit the health care provider for follow up. During this time women can speak to the health care provider regarding the diet or the actions which can help her recover after the process.
Also, women need to consult health care if she comes across any of the effects or emotional breakdown. Some women may have thoughts of suicide and hence they are asked to talk to the therapist.